Cats can be adorable pets who define a sense of fun and cuteness. They have specific ways of showing affection, like nagging their tail slowly or rubbing their head against your leg. However, cats also show signs of displeasure which often pass unnoticed. For instance, a slight growl or an unintentional scratch might be signs of an irritated attitude.
The disapproval signs do not mean your cat hates or wants to get away from you. Instead, it might need a different kind of approach or care from you. If you are not a professional in this regard, take the help of a good pet caregiver to know the changes and act accordingly. Use your cat insurance in this regard. The warning signs will help you understand your cat’s discomfort and the probable reasons for the same.
How To Know If Your Cat Hates You?
If your cat is constantly cranky without any particular reason, you need proper help. There are sure clear signs which you are missing. Cats cannot express their discomfort in the best way, so they adhere to certain abnormal behaviours. Here are some points to follow:
- Abnormal shape of your cat’s tail: You can best know your cat’s mood is to observe its tail. Their facial expressions may not always give a right hint, but you will know their mood by following the movement of their tail. If it is stiff and lowered on the back, your cat is uncomfortable about something. Moreover, if its tail is puffed up and lashes back and forth repeatedly, there is a definite need to worry. It is very likely that your cat is mad or offended about some of your actions.
- If it hisses or bites you: Cats often try to adore their masters with a slight scratch or a gentle growling. However, if it exceeds the normal force, there is a high chance that your cat might be angry with you. It is the first clear sign of a cat’s displeasure. If it continuously hisses and targets you, it proves that your cat is pissed off at you. Consult a good vet and use cat insurance to get the best treatment for your cat, if needed.
- If your cat leaves the room when you enter: If your cat feels unsafe around you, it will immediately leave the room once you enter. Usually, cats don’t mind gentle cuddling whenever they are around a friendly human. Therefore, it is a warning sign if your cat avoids contact almost daily.
- It avoids eye contact: If your cat is uncomfortable around you and finds you threatening, it will simply avoid you. Notice that your cat will even avoid eye contact altogether. Cats prefer to ignore negative things and feelings as if they don’t exist, and you are no exception here! It may be due to a quick action you undertook that might have gone unnoticed by others, but your cat has successfully grasped it and has been afraid thus far.
- Your cat avoids your touch: If a cat trusts humans, it will allow them to touch it, rub its skin, and pet it any number of times. It is a gesture that proves the cat’s faith in you. If your cat avoids immediate contact with you, it doesn’t like your presence. Your cat is either afraid or annoyed with you. It will quickly slide away whenever you try to touch or grasp it.
- Its ears flatten backwards: Generally, when a cat is afraid, its ears flatten and turn backwards. It clearly signifies that it is frightened of something or someone causing damage. This gesture is primarily out of fear, and they do not intend to cause any harm. Your vet can point out the critical defects in your behaviour causing such abnormalities in your cat.
Look out for the reasons why your cat avoids you. Once you can ensure that your cat isn’t enjoying your company, it is time for the next step. Find out the valid reasons for this bizarre behaviour of your cat, and get effective solutions from a vet. It is a common problem among pet lovers, but you must not ignore it any longer. Utilise your cat insurance to help your little friend get the necessary treatment soon. It will also act as a shield against similar problems in the near future.