What is a video-delivery platform?
A video-delivery platform is a service provided by various platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, and Twitch, dedicated to delivering secure and reliable video content to their users. In other words, a video-delivery platform acts as a service provider, circulating superior-quality video content among online viewers.
Such platforms deal with streaming videos and allow users to make high-quality video content accessible to individuals across the globe. They perform multiple roles, including managing, delivering, encoding, and transcoding video content, together with providing video analytics. With the unprecedented demand for online video content today, these platforms are becoming immensely popular among individuals across different age groups.
Features of video-delivery platforms
There are several features of video-streaming platforms, some of which are listed below:
- Deliver HD quality: Most video-delivery platforms deliver high-definition (HD) videos over various video-delivery systems across the internet. Good-quality videos attract more users to the platform.
- DRM encryption: Digital rights management (DRM) encryption is indispensable these days owing to an increase in cyber crimes. Such encryption helps users protect their video content. Consequently, unauthorized users are restricted from watching content on video-streaming platforms. DRM technology can help ensure that video content uploaded online is secure for users.
- Different types of video content: Most video-delivery platforms provide several types of video content, including on-demand, live, and linear content. Such variety can help increase followers because users typically try to watch all videos starring their favorite actors.
- Dynamic watermarking: Dynamic watermarking is used by uploaders of video-streaming platforms to ensure that their content is not copied or hacked. Dynamic watermarking involves displaying the company’s name, logo, etc., or even the user’s mail or IP address, in a horizontal, vertical, and diagonal format in the video’s background.
- Online video player: Typically, all video-delivery platforms have their in-built html5 video player, which can provide ad-free videos. They also enable viewers to download videos.
- Video API: Video Application Programming Interface (API) gives you access to a specific type of service that can be built within the application. Most of the video-delivery platforms allow users to adjust video quality and volume, add subtitles in any language, rewind videos, and avail of various other features. Video API is one of the best features of reputed online video platforms.
- Supporting all devices: A video streaming platform ensures that video content uploaded on the internet is compatible with all types of devices, including computers, laptops, android phones, smartphones, and iPhones.
- Video analytics: Now, most video-delivery platforms provide video analytics to measure their performance. Such analytics can help them understand their viewers’ reception and perception of their videos. These platforms typically measure their performance by analyzing the views, user engagement, bounce rates, conversion rates, etc. Such an analysis helps video-streaming platforms serve their users better.
Conclusion : Online video content is a major source of entertainment today. Moreover, sharing video content online has emerged as a lucrative means of income. Several video-delivery platforms provide their users with HD-quality video content with options to download these videos in a convenient manner.