This article details the official last dates for American citizens to submit their 2021 taxes. The Tax Extension Deadline 2022.
You might be interested in the deadline for filing taxes. Let’s learn more about the important dates, and what you need to know about this topic.
American taxpayers Worldwidesearch for tax filing-related publications and notifications. People are also looking forward for important dates to help plan their tax filings.
It is very common for people to push the filing deadline near the last date of the tax extension Deadline 2022.
Table of Contents
Tax Day and Deadline
Official data shows that the citizens have to either pay the tax owed for 2021 or file an Extension before April 18, 2022. Due to Emancipation Day, April 18 was officially selected instead of April 15.
In addition to that, taxpayers in Massachusetts and Maine must file their tax returns on April 19, 2022. This is due to the Patriot’s Day holiday. As per Tax Filing Deadline 2022, taxpayers who request tax filing must file their returns by October 17, 2022.
Criteria For Taxpayer’s Extension
- A U.S. citizen living outside the United States is entitled to two months extra time to file tax returns for previous financial years.
- Residents of other countries must file the return, and pay the tax on the official IRS form.
- Massachusetts residents must fill out form 4868.
- For citizens who have not received their wages but are under income tax withholding consideration, they can file form 1040 NR.
- To get valid extensions, relevant boxes must be indicated on the form
Tax Extension Deadline 2022
- April 18, 2022: Last day to file tax returns 2021 This is also the last date you can request an extension.
- April 19, 2022 – Last date to file tax returns for Massachusetts and Maine residents.
- October 17, 2022 – Deadline for citizens to extend their request.
Tips to Make Tax Filing Easy
- Gather and organize the tax records for the preceding year.
- You can find additional information on File Deadline 2022 as well as discounts that are available to taxpayers at the IRS website.
- Login to the IRS Website to access tax-related information like balance, adjusted gross, payment records and tax records for past financial years.
- You can calculate your tax amount using financial data from 2021.
It is important that you file your taxes for the current fiscal year. You must also pay taxes by the due dates in order to avoid IRS penalties. This page provides more information about .
Have you looked at the Extension Deadline 2022. Leave a comment below about the dates.