The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is a regulatory body established by the Indian government to ensure the safety and quality of food products consumed by the public. The FSSAI license is mandatory for any business or individual involved in the manufacturing, distribution, storage, and sale of food products in India. In this article, we will discuss how to obtain an FSSAI license easily online.
Step 1: Determine the Type of FSSAI License Required
The FSSAI issues three types of licenses depending on the scale of the food business:
- FSSAI Basic Registration: For small businesses with an annual turnover of up to Rs. 12 lakhs.
- FSSAI State License: For medium-sized businesses with an annual turnover between Rs. 12 lakhs to Rs. 20 crores.
- FSSAI Central License: For large businesses with an annual turnover above Rs. 20 crores or those involved in the import and export of food products.
Identify the type of FSSAI license required for your business and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Register on the FSSAI Website
The FSSAI has made the process of obtaining an FSSAI license online through its website. You need to register on the FSSAI website by providing your business details and personal information.
Step 3: Fill the Application Form
After registering on the FSSAI website, you need to fill the FSSAI license application form. The form requires you to provide details such as the name and address of your business, contact details, and food category.
Step 4: Upload Required Documents
The FSSAI requires certain documents to be uploaded along with the license application form. These include:
- Proof of identity and address of the proprietor or partner of the business.
- Proof of possession of the business premises, such as a rent agreement or property papers.
- Food safety management system plan.
- Certificate of incorporation or partnership deed, in case of a company or partnership firm.
Step 5: Pay the License Fee
The FSSAI license fee varies depending on the type of license applied for. The fee can be paid online through the FSSAI website using a debit or credit card.
Step 6: Wait for the FSSAI License
After submitting the FSSAI license application form and paying the license fee, the FSSAI will verify the details and documents provided. If everything is found to be in order, the FSSAI will issue the license within 30 days. Once issued, the FSSAI license is valid for one to five years, depending on the type of license.
In conclusion, obtaining an FSSAI license has become easier with the online application process. By following the steps outlined above, you can obtain an FSSAI license for your food business and ensure the safety and quality of the food products you sell.