Canon is a good choice for those who use printers daily. It is also known for producing high-quality ink and toner cartridges. Canon cartridges are frequently used worldwide. Whether you have Canon ink cartridges or toner cartridges, the installation process is very simple and easy.
If you have a Canon printer and are worried about installing an ink or toner cartridge, you can learn the process in a few steps. Instead of taking help from experts or visiting the workshop, you can do it at home without taking any stress. Go through this article carefully if you learn to install one or both types of cartridges in Canon printers.
Installing Ink Cartridges
Before the installation process, make sure that the printer is switched off. Follow these easy steps to install an ink cartridge in your Canon printer.
1. Pull Out The Paper Tray
The first thing you have to do for the installation of ink cartridges is to pull out the output paper tray from the front part of your Canon printer. When it comes out, remove all the papers on the paper tray and gently, push it inside the printer again.
2. Open The Cover
Now uncover the internal part of the printer by opening its cover which is fixed just above the paper tray. At the top of the front cover, you will see a button that you will need to press. Consequently, the cover will be opened producing a click sound. Now you can see the ink cartridge holders.
3. Remove Old Ink Cartridges
Hold the cartridge from the back with the help of your index finger and thumb and take it out gently. Make sure to pull the cartridges out one by one and straight down to yourself.
4. Install The New Ink Cartridges
Once you have removed the old cartridges, take the new cartridge in your hand and remove its packaging gently. Next, open its slot to insert the cartridge. Shake the ink cartridge well up and down four to five times.
After doing all this, find the respective slot in which you need to insert a cartridge. Now push the ink cartridges into their slots one by one. When you are pushing the cartridge, you will listen to a click sound ensuring that the cartridge is fixed in its place accurately. The right holder is specifically made for black ink and the left slots are for color ink.
After inserting all the cartridges, check again if the cartridges are lined at their places exactly otherwise the cartridges could be damaged. Now close the printer’s cover and power on the printer. You certainly will see a green light flashing ensuring that the printer is ready to print.
5. Print A Page As A Test
When all the cartridges are installed, place some paper on the paper tray inside the printer and print something as a sample. After printing a page, you should look at its results and examine if the ink cartridge is working the way it should be. In case of bad or smudged prints, double-check the ink cartridges whether they are installed correctly and restart your printer. If you still can’t help with it, read out the manual that comes with Canon printers.
Installing Toner Cartridges
The installation process of toner cartridges in Canon printers is the same as installing ink cartridges. Look at the following easy steps to install a toner cartridge.
- First of all, keep in mind your printer should be switched off.
- Pull out the paper tray from the front part of your Canon printer. When it comes out, remove all the papers on the paper tray and gently, push it inside the printer again.
- Uncover the belly of the printer by opening its cover which is fixed just above the paper tray.
- Hold the cartridge from the back with the help of your index finger and thumb and take it out straight towards yourself gently.
- Take the new toner cartridge in your hand and remove its protective packaging.
- Also, remove the protective cover from the drum.
- Before placing the cartridges, shake them well four to five times so that the components of the ink could mix up.
- Now push the toner cartridges into their slots one by one.
- After inserting all the toner cartridges, check again if the cartridges are fixed at their places exactly to avoid any damage.
- Now close the printer’s cover and power on the printer.
- Finally, print a page as a sample and see the results.
Installing Remanufactured Canon Cartridges
You can install the remanufactured ink or toner cartridges in your printer using the same method as mentioned above but, you may face some issues. To learn what those issues could be and how to resolve them, consider a few given guidelines.
Seeing alerts like ‘low or empty cartridge’ on your display is the most common issue you faced when installing a new remanufactured cartridge in your printer. This is because your printer is initially unable to read the chip of the new cartridge and assumes that it was the old cartridge.
To resolve printing errors, you should apply the following certain actions:
- Remove the remanufactured cartridge and clean the chip and golden contact points.
- Now you will need to restart the printer, unplug its main power supply and plug it in again after 15 seconds.
- When you have cleaned the chip and reset your printer, wait for the system to initialize.
- Hopefully, now your printer is ready to accept the remanufactured cartridge.
After cleaning the chip and reinstalling cartridges, if your printer is still showing errors, you still have hope. Press and hold your printer’s reset button for approximately 15 seconds. It will let your printer go through a startup process. Once the startup process is done, your printer will be able to print the pages.
Installing ink and toner cartridges in Canon printers is quite straightforward. A little care while inserting cartridges can lead you to a successful installation. Unfortunately, if the installation process is not done correctly, you can resolve the issue using the given simple tips and tricks. Likewise, remanufactured cartridges can be installed the same as installing other cartridges. Hence installing cartridges is no more a difficult task if you read this article carefully.
Muhammad Aqeel is an experienced professional specializing in content creation. He has been working with Inkjet, a leading printer equipment platform, and over the years, has produced creative and engaging content.