Chaise lounges are some of the most widely used furniture items in households. Unlike sofas or beds, these furniture items are multipurpose. They can be used for sitting and sleeping. That’s why keeping chaise lounges clean at all times is very important. After all, no one wants to sit or sleep on dust-covered chaise lounges.
How do homeowners keep their chaise lounges clean? They buy high-quality chaise lounge covers! These covers come in a variety of colors/designs, so they instantly boost the décor of the rooms they’re used in. But, the main purpose of covering chaise lounges is to protect them from dust and dirt.
These covers ensure that chaise lounges don’t become breeding grounds for pests or accumulation zones for dirt and dust. By doing so, these covers protect the lounges from early degradation. They also improve the air quality inside the rooms the chaise lounges are installed in.
According to pollution scientists, if your rooms have poor indoor air quality, you can suffer from the following ailments –
- Irritation of the nose, throat, eyes, and skin
- Sinus congestion
- Shortness of breath
If you rest on dirty chaise lounges every day, you’re guaranteed to suffer from one or several of these ailments. Thankfully, your protective covers will keep your lounges clean and free from these risks at all times. But, what happens when your chaise lounge cover itself becomes dirty? These covers pick up a lot of dirt and dust every day.
Hence, they become soiled quite quickly and easily. Thankfully, cleaning these covers is super easy. You don’t have to damage the chaise lounge itself (with water or cleaning agents) to wash your removable covers. Instead, read the fabric care labels on the covers. Then, take the following steps –
- Determine if your lounge covers are machine-washable. If you machine-wash your lounge covers, you’ll have to pre-shrink and colorfast them first. Double-check whether your lounge covers are suitable for the washing machine. Test whether they give out color by scrubbing dry, white cloths along their surfaces. If they hold their hue, they can be put inside washing machines. If not, you’ll have to hand-wash them.
- Send the lounge covers into the washing machine to get rid of undesirable stains and smells. Before tossing them into the washer, remove all pet hair and dirt manually. Once the covers are washed, air dry them. The dryer may shrink your covers, so avoid using it.
- Always wash lounge covers with cold water on a gentle cycle. Also, avoid using harsh, chemically-laced cleaning agents. These products can cause your lounge covers to fade, shrink, and lose their firmness.
- Instead of using cleaning agents full of potentially harmful chemicals, create your own cleaning agent for your lounge covers. Mix half a cup of water, three tablespoons of vinegar, and half a cup of baking soda. Place this cleaning agent in a spray bottle. Before tossing your covers inside the washing machine, spray this cleaning agent all over them.
Keep the protective covers on your chaise lounges clean at all times by repeating this cleaning process every week!