Are you curious to find out which cities offer residents the best quality of living? Want to see the top ranked cities? Continue reading as we examine all the factors that contributed to the global ranking.
Global Liveability 2022 Index shows the rankings of cities worldwide based on people’s quality-of-life. The rankings saw major changes as the pandemic weakened. Let’s take a look at this list for a more detailed view.
Global Liveability Ranking 2022
Economist Intelligence Unit, (EIU), publishes a list of 172 cities in chronological order. These ranks are based upon the rating given to each city. A city can receive a maximum rating of 100.
EIU published the Global Liveability Ranking for 2022 on its official website on 23 June 2022. The list included Vienna, Copenhagen, Zurich, Calgary, and Zurich. For the Global Liveability Index 20022 Full List, continue reading.
How is the Ranking Calculated?
- The rankings of cities are determined by EIU ratings that reflect the quality of life in the city.
- The main factors that affect ratings are stability, healthcare, culture, infrastructure, and education.
- In socio-economical as well as other areas, more than 30 quantitative or qualitative factors are analyzed.
- Each city factor is rated as acceptable, uncomfortable, undesirable, or tolerable.
- Each factor gets a score, which is then included in the overall rating.
- The ratings range between 1 and 100.
Index Global Liveability 2022 Index
- EIU’s Global Liveability Index rated Vienna at 99.1 and placed Vienna on the top of the list.
- Copenhagen, Denmark’s capital was ranked second with a rating score of 98.0.
- Canada and Zurich shared the third rank.
- Vancouver is ranked second with 96.1 ratings.
- Following Vancouver are Geneva, Frankfurt Toronto, Amsterdam and Toronto.
- Osaka in Japan and Melbourne in Australia share the tenth place on the list. Both cities have a 95.1 rating.
- Vienna receives full ratings in terms of stability, infrastructure, healthcare, education, and quality of care.
Bottom Ranked Cities
- The Global Liveability 2022 Index lists Syria’s capital Damascus at the bottom among 172 cities. The Index rating was 30.7.
- Nigeria’s largest city, Lagos, is ranked 171st. Nigeria has an index rating 32.2.
- Tripoli, Libya’s capital, is the third-worst city on the list.
- Algiers, Karachi and Port Moresby are also among the worst ten places to live in.
EIU’s Global Liveability Index ranks as one of the most important ranking systems for evaluating the quality and quantity of life in a particular city. This list plays an important role in immigration-based decision making. Please visit this page for more information.
Have you checked out the gmglobalconnect. Share your results below.