Pokémon Sapphire Version is the 2002 version of the Pokémon game that developed as role-playing video games by Game Freak. The game came out with Pokémon Ruby version which was the first game in the third generation or “advanced generation” of the Pokémon video series. The main objective of the game however remains the same that is to catch the Pokémon and defeat Elite Four from overhead perspective.
Table of Contents
The game is almost similar to that of the previous versions. The gameplay is in third person and consists of three screens that are a field map to navigate the character, a battle screen to fight and a menu. The players capture the Pokémon using their Poke balls. On encounter with a wild Pokémon the player switches to turn-based battle and hence using the collected Pokémon to fight. Also Read.
The new feature added in this new game is the addition of two battle where the opposing parties can use two Pokémon for fighting. After the double battles multi battles were also added. The next new addition is innate abilities that is shared by every Pokémon and natures that is shared by some species. These abilities give the players additional power in the battle. Also Read.
Pokémon Contests are also introduced where in the players perform mini games before a judge. The Pokémons can increase the power with Pokeblocks. Secret bases are added that enables the players to customise the areas accordingly. However, it cannot be connected to previous generations. Also Read.
Best Pokémon in Sapphire
- Gardevoir- Psychic/Fairy type: It has a bas stat and 518 and has fast Special attacks and defence.
- Rayquaza- Dragon/ Flying Tape: It is a new Pokémon introduced in this generation. It is the strongest Pokémon with a stat total of 680.
- Slaking, Groudon and Kyogre: Slaking has stats equal to Legendries but it can only move every other turn. Kyogre and Groudon are the mascot Legendries.
- Salamence, Latias, Metagross And Latios, Jiraci, Deoxys: The combo of these have a total bas of 600. These are some of the best Legendary Pokémons in the league.
- Rock, Ice, Steel Types: The legendary titans have a bas total of 580 and each one comes with a specific role. Regirock is physically strong. Regice is focused and Registeel is a mix of both the traits.
- Crobat- Poison/Flying Tape and Swampert- Water/Ground: Crobat belongs to Zubat family while Swampert is the form of Hoenn’s water type starter.
- Flygon- Ground/ Dragon Type: Flygon has a base stat of 520 balanced in attacks and speed.
Stay connected with Eve Donus Film for more latest updates.