Just like most other websites, Facebook owned Instagram also makes an attempt to ensure safe browsing for its users. In order to protect users and prevent them from viewing content that may be inappropriate or disturbing in certain ways, Instagram has certain guidelines set in place.
Inappropriate Pics On Instagram Get the Updated Guidelines
People use Instagram as a platform of expression and to conduct business. It is a reflection of various cultures, values and beliefs. Therefore users posting or sharing content that may prove to be harmful in the long run is something the company tries to avoid. Given below are Instagram’s guidelines that all users must adhere to, to maintain security and respect within the community.
- Posting Pictures that you have taken or have the right to share. In simple terms this means that violating intellectual property rights will not be tolerated. Therefore users need to avoid posting images taken from others or from the internet as their own and stick to posting authentic content.
- Respecting all members of the community. This means Instagram is strictly against content that contains hate speech or may degrade or insult individuals based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disabilities, or diseases.
- Maintaining a safe and supportive environment by not glorifying self harm. Any content glorifying self injury or self harm (even done for the purpose of humour) will not be tolerated as it may be disturbing or provoking for people facing difficult issues such as eating disorders, or various other kinds of self-injury.
- Avoiding Pictures that are not appropriate for a diverse audience. People may sometimes want to share nudity or nude images that are artistic, for creative expression. But Instagram is strictly against nudity for various reasons, as sited in their official community guidelines.
“This includes photos, videos, and some digitally-created content that show sexual intercourse, genitals, and close-ups of fully-nude buttocks. It also includes some photos of female nipples, but photos in the context of breastfeeding, birth giving and after-birth moments, health-related situations (for example, post-mastectomy, breast cancer awareness or gender confirmation surgery) or an act of protest are allowed. Nudity in photos of paintings and sculptures is OK, too.” states Instagram’s official community guidelines.
Partially nude images of children are also removed, keeping safety concerns in mind.
- Fostering genuine and meaningful interactions is encouraged and users must strictly avoid acts such as creating fake profiles, impersonating someone else, putting up misleading user reviews, creating and uploading spam posts that may be repetitive. Offering money in exchange for followers or any kind of engagement is strictly prohibited.
Stay With EveDonus Film for the Latest Updates.