The witcher starring Henry Cavill as the protagonist Geralt of Rivia a mutated monster hunter is set in a time period medievalesque, Elven civilization. The show is an adaptation of The Witcher books and video games. Season one of the show was loved by the fans, it was considered as one of the best binge-worthy shows of 2019.
Table of Contents
Release date of Season 2:
The show developer revealed about Season 2 in 2019 even before the release of the first season and now it’s all set to release on the famous OTT platform Netflix this year although we don’t have an official release date due to the whole covid situation but we do know that the shooting has recently been wrapped so in no time we’ll have the news about the dates.
Plot for the new season:
This Season will have a lot of flashbacks from the past, from Henry Cavill’s character Geralt and how he became the skilled monster hunter and also about his mentor Vesemir who’s the greatest witcher of all time and this character will be played by Kim Bodnia from Killing Eve. For Geralt’s younger role actor Alexander Squires has been cast and James Baxter for Vasemir’s younger self. The season will reveal the student-teacher relationship in a more extensive way.
Furthermore, as shown at end of Season 1 Geralt and Ciri, princess of Cintra finally meet their story will go further Geralt will help Ciri, she will have her own story now as to what she does to survive, how she finds a new family, and whether the past will affect her. Yennifer will also be in Season 2.
- Henry Cavil for older Geralt, Alexandar Squires playing Young Geralt
- Joey Batey as traveling bard Jaskier
- Freya Allan as Ciri
- Anya Chalotra as Yennifer
- Kim Bodnia as Old Vesemir, James Baxter for young Vesemir
- Yasen Atour as Coen
- MyAnna Buring as sorceress Tissaia de Vries, mentor to Yennefer
- Jeremy Crawford as Yarpin Zigrin
- Mahesh Jadu as Vilgefortz
- Terence Maynard as Artorius
- Adjoa Andoh as Nenneke, the priestess of Temple Melitele
- Cassie Clare as Philippa Eilhart, an advisor to Redania’s King Vizimir II and leader of the Lodge of Sorceresses.
- Kevin Doyle as Ba’lian, a new character.
These are few characters among the total 89 cast members, according to sources.
Netflix released a filming wrap-up video with a shot of Henry thanking the team. The creators also hinted that this season will move ahead of the first book so we may see “Time of Contempt” i.e the second book’s content. So, the story is going to get more interesting with new characters, new twists, and new battles to fight and survive.
Stay Connected with EveDonus Film for more latest updates.